Spring Asparagus Salad with Hearts of Palm and Cherry Tomatoes
Spring is here! That means it’s time for some spring salads! This recipe makes a refreshing and flavorful spring asparagus salad! This dressing is so versatile, you can adjust it to your taste and you can add any fresh herbs like basil! Take this salad on a nice spring picnic in the park!
Asparagus Salad w/ Hearts of Palm and Cherry Tomatoes
makes 3 servings
1 bunch of asparagus, steamed
1 can of hearts of palm
½ pint of cherry tomatoes, cut in half
2 green onions, sliced
1 small shallot, diced
½ lemon, juiced
1.5 Tbs red wine vinegar
1.5 Tbs white wine vinegar
1 tsp gluten free dijon mustard
6 Tbs olive oil
salt & pepper to taste
1. Steam bunch of asparagus and put in refrigerator to chill.
2. Cut chilled asparagus at an angle into 1 inch pieces. Add to a large bowl.
3. Cut each stalk of hearts of palm into 4 pieces and then each into 1 inch pieces at a diagonal. Add to bowl.
4. Add your halved cherry tomatoes. Add in sliced green onions.
5. Add in chopped shallots.
6. In a separate bowl, add in vinegars, mustard and a pinch of salt.
6. Slowly pour in olive oil and whisk to emulsify. Add in pepper and adjust ingredients to desired taste.
7. Pour dressing over salad and mix. Add lemon juice as desired.
8. Serve into bowls and enjoy!
This recipe would go great with some anchovies on top! Also, if you can find jarred hearts of palm, please use those instead of canned! Unless labeled, cans can be lined with BPA (toxic!!). But some brands, like Native Forest, guarantee that their cans are BPA free so do some research before buying your canned foods. Can also substitute hearts of palm with artichoke hearts!