Farmers Market Salad - English Peas, Pea Shoots and Asparagus with Lemon Dressing
I went to the farmers market this weekend and found some pea shoots and English peas! I was so excited because we already had received some asparagus in our weekly Farm Fresh to You CSA box along with some juicy lemons! I couldn’t wait to run home to make this salad asap! Hope you’re able to get farmers market ingredients and make this salad this spring!
Farmers Market Salad
English Peas, Pea Shoots and Asparagus with Lemon Dressing
makes 6 servings
Organic and HIgh Quality Ingredients
2 cups shelled English peas, (around 2 lbs with pods)
1 bunch asparagus, ends removed, cut into 1 inch pieces
2.5 cups pea shoots
1 lemon, zested and juiced (meyer lemon preferred)
¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
raw local honey, if needed
salt and pepper to taste
1. Blanch shelled peas and asparagus.
2. Remove with a slotted spoon.
3. Chill in an ice bath to stop cooking and to cool.
4. Cut pea shoots into 2 inch pieces.
5. Combine zest and lemon juice in a bowl. Drizzle in olive oil and whisk to emulsify. Adjust with salt, pepper and honey if needed.
6. Drain peas and asparagus and dry. Toss peas, asparagus, and pea shoots with dressing.
7. Serve and enjoy!
Ps. My boyfriend wanted me to call this recipe “Asparagus Pea”. Funny joke.
Adapted from Williams Sonoma Salad of the Day: 365 Recipes for Every Day of The Year